Anti-Piracy Investigation, Training and Resources
This section has been designed specifically to assist IFPI investigators and regional anti-piracy coordinators, national groups and law enforcement
personnel in the investigation of music piracy worldwide.
If you're a police officer dealing with street trading of counterfeit tapes, a customs officer faced with a suspect shipment of CDs or a law
enforcement specialist attempting to create a targeted anti-piracy programme, this new anti-piracy resource should help provide you with some answers,
or links to useful information and contacts. Within these pages you will find:
- How to recognise pirate product - and what steps to take next
- Guides on the investigation of music piracy
- Access to training products and publications to tackle piracy
- Details of links between organised criminal gangs and the US$4.3 billion worldwide illegal trade in music piracy
- Direct links to experienced piracy investigators, regional anti-piracy coordinators and your nearest recorded music association
Contact in the first instance should be made to your national recording industry
association, or regional anti-piracy coordinator (click the map for your nearest RAPEC). For training requests, please contact email@example.com. Other enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.